Sunday, August 29, 2010

Hello! My name is Megan VanEtten and you can call me Megan or Meg. I am the middle sister of three and the only one with blonde curly hair and blue eyes. I was born in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania and lived there for thirteen years. I moved to Florida because my dad found a great job as the director of golf at Heritage Springs Country Club. I was upset about the move at first but now I realize how it really improved my golf game. In high school I won three Conference titles right in a row, I won one District title, and was player of the year for three years in a row. I also was awarded female athlete of the year of my senior class which was always a dream of mine.
When I am not golfing I am usually working out or dreaming of being at the beach. My favorite beach is Marco Island and I hope to be going back sometime during the next year. My family and I went to Marco Island six years ago during Christmas break and I think it started my love for the beach! The one bad thing about me and the beach is that my nose always gets burnt and my family calls me rudolph! Not funny!
My dream job is to play on the LPGA Tour but if it does not work out I would like to be a psychologist. I love to help others around me and I thought majoring in psychology would be a great way to make my future jobs enjoyable each and everyday.
I hope to have a good four years here at FGCU and I hope you all do too!

3 comments:

  1. Hey my name is Taylor. WOW, congratulation on all the titles you have gotten over the years. Nice working out and going to the beach is a great mix except for the burnt nose part. That has to be a pain when it always happens when you go to the beach. That would be pretty cool if you do make it to the LPGA Tour. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. Maybe we can hangout one of these days at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Megan! My names Jordan! I think it's really cool that you won all those awards for playing golf and i wish you the best of luck in the future with your golf game. It would be prett amazing if you made it all the way to the LPGA. If your looking for a nice beach in Florida though, i would suggest going to Siesta Key Beach in Sarasota, Florida. I'm from Sarasota and I think Siesta Key is one of the nicest beaches ever. I'm not sure how far away Sarasota is from where you live in Florida but i would recommend Siesta Key Beach for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. MEGAN!!! It's Briana from preschool! I'm so proud of you and your accomplishments with golf. We should def catch up. Yeah a tad bit creepy that i'm commenting on a blog I found on the internet. I was trying to see if you had a facebook

    ReplyDelete