Saturday, October 2, 2010

Naples Beach Observations

The first thing I saw when I walked onto Naples Beach Saturday was the ocean. It was a darker blue partly because of the dark, storm clouds along the left side of the sky. It was like the board walk was forming them and pushing them over to where I was laying. Since there was a storm getting ready to come, it was very windy and I was definately getting sandy. It was really hot out, probably 90 degrees, so I was sweating even with my gatorade next me, and whenever the wind would blow, sand would get onto my face and stay there. It also would somehow end up in my mouth and I had no idea how because I had my mouth closed...? Tasting sand is the worst part of the beach besides getting salt water in your eyes because everytime you close your teeth you can feel the sand grinding between them. It is not a very nice feeling and you are basically crunching sand the whole day. Nasty! Naples Beach also has a lot of houses along the back of it and they all look like houses you would find out of a model home magazine. They are beautiful and I have already picked the house I would want if I moved to Naples. It was just starting to get built but the color was a sandy tan and it had dark brown boarders. It was so pretty.

As I spent more of my time on the beach I started to realize the smaller things of the beach, such as different families around me. There was one, very interesting family to the right of me. The husband was rather large and had many punk tattoos on him while the wife was very skinny and had many punk tattoos on her as well. They had two kids, a boy and a girl, and the little boy had a mohawk which just kind of explained the whole family. I also heard the dad telling his kids about dolphins and sharks because they saw a dolphin while they were in the ocean. When I went in the ocean, I realized that the ocean was sort of foggy. It seemed like there was a cloud of sand just above the bottom of the ocean that was blocking my sight from seeing the bottom. I also saw that there were a lot of these certain white shells. I don't know their name but they almost looked like they were bleached and they had ruffles on the top of the shell. It is amazing what you notice and take in at the beach when you have to write it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment